Homeschooling How To
Time & Location
About the Event
*Note: This class will be taught via Zoom*
If you've been thinking about using a homeschool curriculum instead of the one your child's school will be issuing, check out this class. Catherine has been homeschooling her 6 kids since they started school. She has experience with many ages - at the same time! - so can speak to the complexities of different learning styles and levels.
We will discuss some fun interactive activities, how to engage your learners and allow for lots of questions. This is a great opportunity to talk through some of the logistics of home based learning, as well as the requirements of the state.
If we have time, Catherine will conduct a mini lesson to show you some of the points she reviewed.
We're limiting the number of participants so that everyone gets a chance to ask questions and interact with Catherine and each other. We've included a couple questions on the registration form just to get an idea of the participant base - we will not share this information with others on the call or elsewhere.
In this class (amoungst other things), you will learn:
- about the WA state legal requirements for homeschooling
- selecting curriculum - where to buy
- state testing
- scheduling your day/week/month
- how to set up learning area(s)
- tips on keeping your kids engaged
- handling the learning of different aged kids
- learning styles
- online resources
- advantages & challenges of homeschooling
- supplies you'll likely need
- Sold OutLink to Zoom Class$15$150$0